Continental Holdings Limited (CHL) is a fast-growing financial services group primarily involved in banking, stockbroking, commodities broking, asset and fund management, property management and development and pension administration.
Continental Holdings Limited was incorporated under Company registration number 9985 on 18th May 2009 and commenced operations on 2nd April 2012. The Company’s shareholders are TransAfrica Holdings Limited, Press Trust and an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP).
To be the leading financial services group in Malawi.
Our mission statement
To deliver value to our clients and shareholders by building a vibrant, profitable, and technologically driven financial services group with a quest to offer unique financial solutions to our clients through innovative products and services that exceed clients’ expectations.
The group works to the following set of values;
- Passion for efficient and quality work.
- The group is committed to the highest level of corporate governance and the implementation of effective structures, policies and practices that improve corporate governance and create sustainable value for shareholders and stakeholders.
- The group’s corporate governance practices are continuously being reviewed and enhanced through regular training of board directors and Management as well as benchmarking against internationally accepted best practices.
- The boards of the various group companies are responsible for strategy formulation and monitoring and management are responsible for strategy implementation.
- The Boards meet at least once in each quarter with additional meetings held when appropriate. There are adequate and efficient communication and monitoring systems in place to ensure that the Directors receive all relevant, accurate information to guide them in making necessary strategic decisions, and providing effective leadership, control and strategic direction over the group’s various operations, and in ensuring that the group fully complies with relevant legal, ethical and regulatory requirements.
- The CHL board and the boards of the various group companies regard risk management as a key discipline in all group operations.
- Management of the various group companies are responsible for the day-to- identification and management of risks.
- Management teams are accountable to their boards for formulating, implementing and monitoring systems and processes for risk management and compliance.
- The Boards ensure that risk management processes are an integral part of the strategic planning processes and that this forms part of the management reporting and performance management system throughout the group.
- Corporate social responsibility is one of the fundamental values of the Continental group.
- As a group we are committed to creating value not only for our shareholders, but also our employees, clients and the communities we serve.
- The Group therefore constantly strives to perform with the highest standards of governance and ethics, in order to exceed customer expectations.
- The group is committed to attract and retain a high calibre workforce, provide support in our communities mainly to public health institutions, public educational institutions and communities at large in times of natural disasters and pandemics.
- The Continental group is a dynamic and fast-growing technology-driven financial services group with a commitment to excellence and innovation. The group focuses on innovation and creativity while managing risks in order to offer unique financial solutions to clients and hence render exceptional service.
- Given the nature of services offered by the group, employees are the biggest asset, and this requires constant investment in intellectual capital. Employees throughout the group are encouraged and supported to continuously seek to enhance their knowledge base and skills set through further education, training, subscription to the membership of professional bodies and interaction with local and international industry peers.
- The group’s open-door policy stimulates team spirit as staff are able to share ideas across all levels within the group. The continuous performance appraisal system coupled with the incentive bonus scheme helps to ensure that exceptional performance is objectively recognized and rewarded and at the same time identifying and improving performance that falls short of the group’s standards.
- As a fast-growing financial services group, the continental group aims at contributing significantly to improving the financial services sector in Malawi.
- The group has a well-defined customer service charter which sets out the group’s commitment to providing the highest standard of customer service.
- The group seeks to meet its customers’ needs by providing quality and innovative financial advice, products, and services. Satisfied customers are very key to the group’s business success and the group constantly strives to maintain high standards of service to exceed customer and other stakeholders’ expectations.